Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My First Afghani Food


Chiqueena introduced me to her friend, Amir, who lives in Union City (outside San Fran, near San Jose). Yesterday I met up with Amir and he showed me around Union City and San Jose.  At lunch time he took me to "Little Kabul" to his favorite Afghani restaurant, De Afghanan Kabob House. I wish I had a better camera to have taken a picture of how tiny this place was, but cell phone camera was all I had. The food and the atmosphere seemed authentic. We had the chicken kabob on basmati rice with some awesome Afghani bread and this stew made mostly of potatoes and chickpeas in a vinegar sauce.  Cool experience. Thanks, Chi and Amir!

1 comment:

  1. Whhhhyyyy did you have to post pictures of delicious kabobs on a Tuesday when I cannot eat meat? Now all I can think about is meat. Tomorrow I'm going to get kabobs. My mouth is already watering.

    ReplyDelete